1. Talk to God, as you would a listening friend, ask Him for faith to believe and admit that you are a sinful person who wants to be saved.
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins. Ezekiel 7:20
2. Acknowledge that there is no hope of becoming right with God, avoiding hell or getting into heaven besides through trust in Jesus Christ.
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23
Whoever has sinned against me, I will blot out of my book. Exodus 32:33
3. Admit your belief that Jesus died to pay the penalty for your sins and rose from the dead, and ask Him for forgiveness.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson,
they shall be like wool. Isaiah 1:18
4. Ask Jesus Christ to come live in your heart to be your Lord and Savior from now on.
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. Romans 10:9-10
And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved. Joel 2:32
5. Welcome to the family of God. God has forgiven you and is your Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus now lives in your heart.
And this is the testimony that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life. 1 John 5:11-13
But God will ransom my soul from the power of Sheol, for he will receive me. Psalm 49:15
What to do next...
1. Find a church to attend each week that teaches from the Holy Bible and makes you feel inspired to become a better Christian.
Not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:25
2. Start reading the Bible, particularly from the New Testament, on a daily basis.
It is to be with him, and he is to read it all the days of his life so that he may learn to revere the LORD his God and follow carefully all the words of this law and these decrees. Deuteronomy 17:18-20
3. Talk to God in prayer, like talking to an invisible friend, on a daily basis. Tell him how much you love Him, confess new sins or slip-ups to Him, and tell Him what you want.
Pray continually. 1 Thessalonians 5:17
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9
4. Find Christian friends who are living what they say they believe, and who inspire you to grow as a Christian.
Come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. 2 Corinthians 6:17
Call the church office for more...
620-342-3676 - Tues - Fri